Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Can I sign the closing papers for my condo for sale in NYC? I'm in CA & my NY lawyer wants power of attorney

I do not want to give him the power of attorney. Can't the paper work be sent to be via an escrow company of some sort? so I can sign them here in California?Can I sign the closing papers for my condo for sale in NYC? I'm in CA %26amp; my NY lawyer wants power of attorney
I would not give power of attorney.





The documents can be delivered electronically, then signed in front of a notary, then expressed back for delivery next morning.





Have an attorney at closing to represent YOU and only you.Can I sign the closing papers for my condo for sale in NYC? I'm in CA %26amp; my NY lawyer wants power of attorney
I have done several long distance closings, including NYC and SF, CA. Never had to give power of attorney to anyone. Just FedEX'ed doc's as needed.





Most likely easier for attorney to have the power, but not sure why they would want the added liability of signing off for you. I am assuming they are legit. Double check with another lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment